Instructions for sealing the preparation before optical impression / Protocol for the Delivery of a CAD/CAM (or all ceramic) Restoration: Preparing the Tooth:
1) Rinse the preparation thoroughly and remove all visible water by drying the surface for approximately 5 seconds with dried compressed air.
2) Dispense a drop of SURPASS® 1 into one cavity of the enclosed mixing well. Using the proper color-coded brush, apply SURPASS® 1 to the entire cavity preparation and the surrounding tooth structure, agitating briskly for at least 10 seconds. DO NOT DRY SURPASS® 1
3) Dispense a drop of SURPASS® 2 into another cavity of the mixing well. Using the proper color- coded brush apply three brushfuls of SURPASS® 2 to the entire cavity preparation, dabbing each brushful to help distribute as much of the primer as possible.
4) Dry the primed surface with dried compressed air for at least 10 seconds with the air syringe tip as close as possible to the surface. DRY SURPASS® 2 THOROUGHLY
5) Dispense a drop of SURPASS® 3 into another cavity of the mixing well. Using the proper color- coded brush apply a thin layer of SURPASS® 3 to the entire cavity surface. Air-thin the SURPASS® 3 aggressively. Final film thickness will be around 10 – 12 microns.
6) Light-activate for 10 seconds. SURPASS® can be activated with any dental activation light. Imaging for CEREC® Restorations:
1) Wipe off the oxygen-inhibited layer with a cotton pellet soaked in either isopropyl or ethyl alcohol, rinse and dry.
2) Apply the scanning powder and scan the restoration. 3) Rinse the powder off with an air-water spray. If any powder remains it may be removed
with a cotton pellet soaked with SURPASS® 1, rinsed and dried. 4) Isolation may be removed at this time if desired or may be left in place depending on
Delivering the Restoration:
1) If isolation has been maintained, apply 2 coats of SURPASS® 2 to the sealed prep, dry and light activate for 10 seconds.
2) If isolation has not been maintained or the sealed prep has become contaminated, the sealed prep should be cleaned with a cotton pellet soaked in alcohol, rinsed and dried. Then apply 2 coats of SURPASS® 2 to the sealed prep, dry and light activate for 10 seconds.